Monday 10 April 2017

I is for Poetry with an eye in it (sorry an I in it) . .

I have been working on my homebrew summer house all day. OK not all day as I had to pop into Shrewsbury to get some screws, metal cutting discs for the angle grinder and a few other bits. And although it is made out of old things to make it look posh it needs some new stuff so it is all getting right complicated.  Anyway the thing is I am still repeating a few old posts from previous A to Zs cos most of them a jolly good (O Yes They Are).  

Todays is from last year 2016 although not from the A to Z and it has little to do with eyes sorry I's except there are a lot of I's in this poem (not many eyes) and it has words that rhyme with I like Pie and Die and Fence (Ah DAMN that is not right). 

So here we have it one of my poems from a time when I wrote a lot of them . . A time before I got seriously busy in the real world.  


As I walked, home one day
I saw a cute cat, sat on a fence
So I bought it from its owner
For three pound fifty pence
I told the owner I was hungry
And was going to eat it for my tea
In a curry or a cute cat pie
But the owner got upset
And said he didn't want his cat to die
But I said I was looking forward to my meal now
And so in order to keep his cat alive
He would have to pay a little more
Say about fifteen pounds twenty five

Later
When I got home
I told everyone
Of my great capitalist plan
And everyone agree, I was a very clever man
And although I'm rather modest
I  also had to totally agree
And I smiled smugly
As I tucked into a bowl
Of fresh puppy soup
And goldfish kedgeree



2 comments:

  1. The first verse was funny,
    but the ending a bit yucky...
    enjoyed all the Is though.
    thank you.
    I is for Island of Brac

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant - and a great money making scheme haha
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete