Saturday 23 July 2016

Unpopular Art and Poetry for the Masses

I have been very very busy lately producing artwork for my exhibition, only today when I asked Mrs Ghostwriter her opinion of my latest picture she said. . . . . . . OOOOOOoooooooo I dont like that much . . . . . . . Mrs Ghostwriter is a tough critic to please. So I am letting you see what she does not like, something us artists would not normally do. I mean if someone goes OOOOOOOoooo then putting the art in cyberspace will allow everyone else to say. . . . OOOooooooo she is right you know that is rubbish. . . . .  I have also added some repeated poetry that was also not very popular at the time in order to give this post a theme. And besides I am busy doing my best to make sure the next picture gets past Mrs Ghostwriter or as she is technically known Quality Control.






Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD
No No there is a long way to go
Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD
I just said we are not, and the traffic is quite slow
Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD
No I have just said, why don’t you play I Spy
Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD
No, will you stop asking or I will hit you with the cat and that will make you Cry
Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD
Look up there in the sky it’s a large Vampire Zombie Rook.
That eats small children that ask stupid questions
Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD
Just keep quiet and read a book
Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD
OK that’s it I have had enough

DAD. . . .Why have you locked me in the Boot I cant see.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Are we nearly there yet . . . . . . . DAD

AAAAAuuuuuuuuugggggggHHHHHHHHHH.



DAD. . . . . . . . . The Cats Dead.
.
.
.

WHAT?
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I do love some of that Franciscan Funk

And a bit of Hip Hop from Thelonious Monk

Plus a bit of Opera from those chaps at Motown

Or the famous Water Music by that chap Arthur Brown.

Or even that song Nineteen Ninety Nine by Arthur C Clark

And the Star spangled Banner as played at Woodstock by Johann Sebastian Bach

Who as we all know played saxophone with the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band . . . . just for a lark.

Although these days

I do have a problem remembering who plays and sings what

And folk say I am loony and have completely lost the plot.



Mind You

I once played the Bermuda triangle in the band at School

But I was told using a violin bow

Made me look like a fool.


8 comments:

  1. I think your piece of art is just fine. You never know about what wiLL be the Next Big Thing (NBT). After all, Picasso has been producing so much less now that he is dead, so you have a slight add-vantage being alive. I am not doing anything abstract at the moment in art. I am trying to finish a design for a shirt for a birthday present for my cousin, but I cannot seem to figure out what I want for a landscape portion of the design. I have the words finished. I took the Algerian font words and carefully separated the main part of the letters away from the shadow part in order to print them in separate colors with vinyl. I have completed 9 out of 26 letters of the alphabet, so I can reuse my current work and add more of the remaining letters as needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep up the good work Mr ESB. Luckily tonight my artwork was seen by two independent folk who said it looked much better in the flesh (so to speak) so that is good news. I have worked out I need to complete two a week in order to reach my goal so I am a busy bee indeed.

      Delete
    2. I saw this joke and thought you might like it.

      I was sitting in a bar one day and two really large women came in, talking in an interesting accent.

      So I said, “Cool accent, are you two ladies from Ireland?”

      One of them snarled at me, “It’s Wales, dumbo!”

      So I corrected myself, “Oh, right, so are you two whales from Ireland?”

      That’s about as far as I can remember.

      Delete
    3. That is a brave thing to say to Welsh Women they can be feisty . . . . Itts a cool joke as long as you get to run away fast.

      Still working on the Art Mr ESB. I will be back.

      Delete
    4. When I visited your blog just now I was visitor number 209602, which is symmetrical when rotated 180 degrees in the plane of the computer screen.

      Delete
    5. Hello Mr ESB I think I am due a post I will ponder something. . . still doing my bit with art and also the garden. . .

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont mind comments, and even one link to your website, but a list of websites is a bit naughty. You will notice this blog has no advertising so I prefer if folk did not take advantage. I will remove spammers

      Delete