Tuesday 14 June 2016

Poetry for my trip to Scotland

A large Beastie in the wilds of Scotland


I have been away
But now I’m back
I have been
Exploring Scotland
With my haversack
I got to see a Polar Bear
A Seal, some Dolphins
And an Artic Hare
(Ok the Artic Hare was hiding)
At first I stayed near Inverness
Ten feet from the sea
Where I ran about on the beach each day
As that is the sort of chap
I tend to be
(Yes OK I say ran I mean stagger about)
I then headed off to Aberdeen
To visit family
And they cheered and clapped
And said many things
Like gosh it must be time for you to go
And we were going to phone
But then well you know
Life is so jolly busy
And you are after all a bit totally mad
But it is good to see you we are very glad
And my cousin Andrew said DAMN
You have discovered my new address
But I said it was just an educated guess
And then I headed home
But was made rather ill
By a Motorway service Death Sausage
Which was certainly
Not a thrill
But I am getting better by the hour
And I’m sure sometime soon
Some ice cream

I will devour 



You will be please (I hope) that I did manage to do some drawing of the things I saw. for the first few days I had the wrong type of pen and so I need to have a think about how to use my little cheap photo editing program to tweak the pictures to their best. Then about half way through my holiday I found some much better pens in Tesco, yes that was a bit of a surprise I am seldom in Tesco but it was near-ish to where we were staying. It is surprising what a difference a pen makes to the way we draw and write and stuff I am sure there must be some sort of science to all this. 

I will try and use some of these drawing in the coming days but I was very ill last night when we got home due to a death sausage bought in a well known independent motorway services up north a bit. I have not felt that poorly in a long time and due to a lack of sleep I am still a bit away with the faeries. 

you see I always tell the truth

2 comments:

  1. Death sausage? You should have known something called a death sausage would make you ill Rob!

    I hope you were not eaten by the midgies up there in Scotchland.

    Did you go Haggis hunting? I used to lay traps in Fort William When I used to go camping as a kid.... never caught any though.

    Clever little beasties those haggisesessess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not a single midge Mr H not even a small one and no haggis either. As for the death sausage, it looked friendly.

      But it is good to be home even if it has rained almost no stop after a week + of sun in Scotland . . . . typical

      Delete