Monday 11 January 2016

David Bowie, the Squirrel and the Telegraph Pole




Well as the world knows David Bowie died today at the age of 69. Now although sad news to us the fact is he did have an interesting and at times good life. I think also there were more than a few times when he was somewhat off the rails in term of conventional lifestyle, but such is . . . or was the rock and roll life for many at one time.  Musically David Bowie’s music covered a huge range of styles, but most remember the old classics. . . . . It was ever such. Anyway all I can say is it’s a fickle world and Mr Bowie made his mark in it in his own way. And if there is an afterlife right now Lemmy will be playing a huge noisy bass guitar riff at Mr Bowie who will be smiling trying to look happy and asking if Mr Lemmy has seen his old mate Lou Reed about. . . . . . 69 may not seem old (well not to me), but lets face it only gnarled old blues men still have their mojo in their eighties and beyond.


So what did I do today . . . I fixed a small torch and took a photo of a squirrel up a telegraph pole and drank a mug of cocoa in a garden centre sort of place, removed a load of tools from my car that a cat refused too last night and ate cornflakes and some other things.  Life in the fast lane is sometimes quite slow.

That squirrel by the way is the little one the great fat beast is huge from eating all the peanuts we put out for the birds.

9 comments:

  1. What did you put in those nuts?! Steroids?! That thing is huge!

    The internet is awash with Bowie tributes. His music really did have a profound affect on people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Lily I will try and get a photo of the other Squirrel he really is huge and it amazes me it can still climb trees. This one is his little mate.

      The internet certainly is full of Bowie at present, but he did have a good run while he was alive . . .

      Delete
  2. When I first saw your squirrel photograph I thought it looked similar to the one I used in my story Squirrel Assassin. I wasn't really a huge fan of Bowie, nothing negative though. I just had other favorites. 69 does not seem very old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://esbboston.blogspot.com/2009/05/squirrel-assassins.html

      Delete
    2. You are right Mr ESB about the similarity of your Squirrel to the one I took a photo of yesterday. Maybe like all professional assassins after his failed effort he quickly left the country to make a new life in Britain under an assumed name.

      I will use the same comment on my own post to ensure continuity is maintained across the great Ocean.

      Delete
    3. There used to be more squirrels and deer in my neighborhood. As I came home yesterday and turned the corner just before my house, there were 25 wild turkeys in my neighbor's lawn. He puts out feed for them, so even as I was slowly driving by they were not frightened but continued wandering slowly, enjoying their food.

      Delete
    4. I bet they are not cheap to feed.

      Delete
  3. The squirrel is sending coded messages to the spiders from Mars.

    As you were, Mr. Rob.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought of that Mr G, I will hide under the table

      Delete