Friday 18 September 2015

Poetry for Scotland . . . . Plus a Porpoise And a Tortoise




If you find that Scotland
Is in your Soul and Heart
You may travel many Miles
But you will never Part

Across many Mountains
And many wild wild Seas
But no matter where you Travel
You will hear Scotland on the Breeze

And when at last you find
You leave this Mortal Coil
Your Heart and Soul will once again

Return to Scotland’s Soil

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 


 What is the purpose of the Porpoise?
And his close Cousin
The Giant Tortoise
As neither seemed to like me much
When I tried to breed them
In My Rabbit Hutch

No No I know what you are thinking, I am not a fool I kept the rabbit hutch in the bath which was full of water.  My experiment only failed because it appears the porpoise did not eat lettuce leaves and did eat Giant Tortoise. Well it never said that in my book . . . Fantastic Beasts and How to Breed Them . . . Written by that well known author  . . . . . . . . . . Ah . . . . thingy. . .  what’s their name?



 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

OPTION 2

I saw a Porpoise
And a Tortoise
Walking Hand in Hand
And on the beach 
In the sun
They wrote
Mathematics in the sand

4 comments:

  1. I wrote a short poem today after I saw my young granddaughter sitting on her father's lap while she was getting her "first" piano lesson. Of course being under 1 year old, she was really just banging the keyboard with both hands wildly.

    Poem: Liberate your inner beginner Liberace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to just bang away at the keyboard with both hands wildly and make an interesting noise. I am not allowed to do it often as it scares the cats who complain and run off.

      Delete
  2. Aww, that was a lovely tribute to Scotland Mr Z. I could write one about London, but it would involve the words 'dog poop', 'littered streets' and Ladbrokes.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should try Miss Lily it sounds like it has Ian Dury-esque style written all over it in big letters.

      Delete