Sunday 8 March 2015

A day in the life of a Blogger (sort of) and the curious tale of some chaffinches






Hello I thought it is some time since I did a proper post with real information in it and so today while I am sat down with a cup of tea I decided it was time to correct my recent lack of blogging in the world of blogging. Firstly it is very definitely spring like today with the sun shining the birds twittering and plants just about to pop into life.  The moles seem to have settled a bit, because for reasons I don’t know it has been a great winter for moles there seems to be loads of them everywhere. When I say everywhere I refer to mainly underground, I have not yet seen a flying mole. And while on the subject matter of things I don’t know I am also very curious to know why we seem to have more than our fair share of one legged chaffinches turning up at the bird table, there were three of four of them there today. It’s turning into a sort of pirates convention for chaffinches, although only male chaffinches so it is all a bit odd.  Ooooo and we have a pet pheasant, hopefully once he trusts me completely, (lets face it folk have been shooting at him for months) I will be able to teach him tricks like high wire walking and juggling chainsaws (small ones).

The plan to move the living room to what was the dining room is almost entirely complete at last with almost everything new including the wiring and the floor the walls and ceiling and lights and other stuff. . .  And it has only taken absolutely ages to do, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now we get to turn the living room into the dinning room. . . . I know it sounds a bit mad but it’s a master plan for the house, we need master plans, sort of.

I have also noticed the world of blogging is very quiet at present and I have put this down to the fact I have not posted many posts lately and everyone has gone off to do other stuff but I am back now so it OK again.


Oooooo I saw a chicken on the road this morning. . . . Sadly it did not make it to the other side. . . .  Which is interesting because I have mentioned a chicken that did not get to the other side in my forthcoming A to Z blogging challenge of Victorian Inventors (the letter A).    

10 comments:

  1. That is interesting with the one legged chaffinches. I saw a one legged road runner where we used to live; he got around pretty good too. Always good indeed to have master plans, especially with houses. Seems like a big project to change around rooms, but I'm sure the end product will be a grand one.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the whole chaffinch thing is very odd. There may be a posh restaurant somewhere selling a very expensive starter. . . Roast Right Leg of Chaffinch on a Bed of Salad and sprinkled with Gold Leaf Hearts.

      As for the house the next step involves dismantling the Kitchen. . .

      Delete
  2. Perhaps the chaffinches were practicing being flamingo-like by standing on just one leg. I s'ppose that is easier than doing a zero leg impression of a hovering hummingbird. Let try both out right quick on myself and see ...pause... Oh, yes! The one legged flamingoesque is much easier than trying to hover. I knocked aLL the things off my shelf and damaged my elbow doing the hummering hoverbird. My wife came running down the stairs to see what had happened and found me momentarily unconscious, guess I hit my head too. Guess I hit my head too. Guess I hit my head too. I t is getting a b it dangerous for me to be reading you r blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is best not to try things that chaffinches do. Or any other suggested ideas from this blog. I will have to add , , , DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. . . to the bottom of posts. Anyway I hope you are OK and did you manage to hover even for a short time.

      Some of the Chaffinches have legs but no foot and limp about like Long John Silver. . . it is very odd. I did wonder if a bird was trapped in netting whether it would chew its own foot off to escape. I bet Houdini never did that. and you are not to try Mr ESB it would not be good for you.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps they landed in fresh concrete and were standing there chatting, most likely about the weather and polar bears. Not noticing that the cement had hardened around their feet that had sunk into the goo, away they flew leaving behind a few of their feet and perhaps a shoe or two.

      Delete
    3. our dog tried to do that once but he just left paw prints which will now remain there for ever.

      Delete
    4. Most dogs leave four ever paw prints eXcept for my previous three legged dog Madeline.

      Delete
  3. You can always tell the first sign of spring. The shop start selling Easter eggs.

    The blogging world has been very quiet of late, but I suspect that everyone is mentally preparing for the A-Z Challenge and stocking up on anti-depressants to help them get through it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the Chaffinches are selling one of their legs for Easter. . . Easter Legs. . . . . AH HA HAH AH Hah h ahahah aha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ha.

      Yes that A to Z is looming and I am struggling with pics due to all the other stuff on the go at present. But I will get there in the end

      Delete
    2. Legs, jajajajajajaja (that was Spanish for hahahahahahaha)

      Delete