Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Traditional Rob Z Tobor End of the Year Post involving Auld Lang Syne and Foxes

I know this is what I wrote last year(and the year before that) but it is now going to be the new, New Years Eve traditional post until I forget that I have one, which may be next year or next week, who can tell......



So here we are at the end (almost) of 2014 and we all know what that means, it means folk standing out on street corners shouting and letting off fireworks hugging strangers as they pass and singing that old traditional Scottish song that no one knows the words too. But luckily most folk are a bit merry and will not be aware that instead of singing the correct words they are singing



Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never mmmmm to mmmmm?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll mmmm  o' mmmm mmmm,
For auld lang syne.

 
which sort of shows that folk don't really know the words

Then everyone will repeat this until they get bored and spot an urban fox chasing a pigeon, where upon the masses will abandon singing Auld Lang Syne staggering about in a mad linked hands sort of dance and chase the fox shouting

I’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX MY DEAR,
IN A DUSTBIN AT IKEA
I’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX I BET,
PUT BUTTER IN HIS EAR

BUTTER IN HIS EAR MY DEAR,
PUT BUTTER IN HIS EAR
WE’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX AND THEN WE’LL GET
SOME BUTTER IN HIS EAR

O yes they all know the words then

So I have left a message with the foxes (again) to avoid large crowds of people who look happy and not to spend the night raiding the Swedish meat balls in the bins of IKEA. And don’t go anywhere near people with tubs of butter

I would like to wish everyone a jolly happy new year (yes OK it is still two days away but) and if you live in the UK I believe New Years Day is due to be stormy/nice or something  (it was last year),  not sunny like this year (the year before last year).  . . . I dont know what will happen this year regarding the weather yet, and I suspect no one really cares that much 



If you do not plan to sing a fox based song and chase urban foxes then here are the words to Auld Lang Syne, the proper ones which is not as good but which is more traditional unless you live very near IKEA and are pestered by Urban Foxes. . . . . . . . . . .


Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint stowp!
And surely I'll be mine!
And we'll tak a cup o'kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pou'd the gowans fine;
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit,
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
Frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

And there's a hand, my trusty fere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right gude-willie waught,
For auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.



All the best for 2015. Or what ever year it is about to be at some point approx . . . . 

As for the Nice Steven Spielberg, I may be forced to take my story to another film Producer chap. . . . . . I know its terrible, but I am getting older all the time so if I wait too long I will be well past it and totally away with the fairies. 

.

5 comments:

  1. I will be officially singing, 'I'll catch an urban fox my dear', at midnight. And thereafter, I shall be petitioning the government to change it thusly.

    Happy New Year Mr Z! May 2015 see Mr Spielberg, finally coming to his senses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too shall be howling the urban fox lyrics until everyone else stops and joins in with me due to peer pressure.
      I'm sure we will all speak/type to each other again before this year is through, but it not - A very happy and preposterous ... (did I spell that right?? hahaha) new year to everyone (except Dave).

      Delete
    2. Strangely I feel the Urban Fox variation of the song is somehow far more stirring, and would go down really well in England. Particularly as us Scots plan to hijack Parliament at the next election and rename Britain . . .Scotland and make everyone eat deep fried Mars bars and drink Iron Bru.

      Making folk sing our songs as well at New Year might be a step too far. . .

      As for the nice Mr Spielberg.... He will come round in the end

      Delete
  2. I plan to celebrate Gnu Years Eve with a buffalo burger. Today I had a trout burger. They are made from rainbow trout from Idaho and have cheese in them. I buy them in the frozen food section of the store. Today was my first one ever. It was okay on a bun by itself but then I improved it by adding tomato. Now I am suddenly wondering what kinda of soup to try turning it into. See what writing comments to you does? It forces inventionS out of my noggin. You can teLL people you are a Rob Invention Catalyst Enhancer, or R.I.C.E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Trout Burger would be called a Fish Cake over here Mr ESB, I dont think I have had a trout based one before they tend to be Cod or Salmon based here (I think) but cheese in a good addition. I have never heard of an attempt to turn one into a soup but I cant see why it would not work.

      Folk use to throw RICE at weddings and now I understand why I would often be thrown at the bride a grooms car as it drove off.

      Delete