Thursday 31 July 2014

The Fickleness of the Public and Cats and Popular Blogs






Last month my blog had a new record page view count of just over 7,500 and I was a well snig (sorry Smug) little blogger dropping this into conversations with the cats as they demanded their dinner. They pretended not to care until I pointed out if they did not look pleased they would get no food, O yes they soon changed there minds then and meowed loads until I fed them after which they lost interest.

Anyway this month I have had just under 9,500 page views, yet another record for me and I have warned the cats they better look pleased or it is lean times ahead for a few days. I have been trying to work out why this has happened and yet again it comes down to the one thing . . . . . . . Sport.  Yes sadly if I mention sport suddenly I get more page views and of course after the world cup I was forced to comment on the Commonwealth Games a bit. I say a bit because I have not done very well doing this and so far have not spotted a single Alien, just that huge spaceship that no one is mentioning that is perched right in the middle of it all. When I say perched I mean landed or it would be a large alien bird of some sort and I think folk would run away screaming rather than pretend it’s some sort of sports complex or some such other silly idea.

Only I am not sure I have any sporting events left to comment on so I may be forced to make up something that sounds like it might really be happening such as the World Ice Juggling championships or the International Scientists Mathematical Cascade Race.  Personally I prefer Aliens and Zombies and the like but the public seem to have abandoned their love of these fine critters and prefer sport. . . . .  It makes you wonder what the world is coming too, before long we will all be fighting each other or dropping dead from strange tropical diseases. . . .


AH DAMN . . . . Still it will soon be Christmas.  

9 comments:

  1. Good work fella. I just checked my stats and by comparison I get around a tenth of your audience and it seems that around 85% ofmine are dirty robbing so-called scientists who think it's really funny to steal my work.
    Well, I'm gona show up good n proper..... just you wait! *Storms off angrily threatening legal action and plotting plots to bring about the downfall of the scientific community until I trip over an upturned plug and nearly cry* DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days of Honour among Scientists has long gone Mr H in fact I am not sure there ever was any. Scientists are like other folk they are a competitive bunch and will think nothing of dropping their mates right in it.

      In general it appears that you will be recognized for your scientific exploits some time after you die. . . . I agree that does not make you feel any better, but when I see the leaders of the world on tele I always think history will not be kind to them. Lets face it no one who has ever been in power looks good in historical terms . . . .So beware Mr Blair.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha! Time to let it go Mr H. Time to let it go.

    I have noticed Mr Z, that when I'm commenting, the counter for the amount of pageviews you get, does go off fairly regularly...see, there it goes again 118632.
    Whether they're visiting because of sports or aliens, tis a very good thing indeed. Ooh 118633.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That page counter is like the ticking clock on a bomb in a bond film. . . . . Will Mr Bond cut the right wire, will his mate Brook make a nice cup of tea, do we care, Will the nice Steven Spielberg arrive in time to make a rather splendid film of us all. All will be revealed soon.

      Buy the book, get the T shirt, pre book your tickets for the musical of the film, Purchase your must have Genuine Plastic Boxed Set of Members of RATs.

      Delete
    2. Ooh, I didn't expect to see my comment on here Mr Z. After I clicked on 'publish,' I lost all internet connection until this afternoon.

      Tis a curious thing.

      Delete
  3. Ah ha, so that's the secret. Don't try to chase the page views (says the idiot who doesn't make money on the blog), chase what makes you happy.
    In the World Ice Juggling championships, they wear flaming gloves, right? Because then I would watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money did someone say Money. . . . How does a slightly eccentric chap like myself make money. Not that I want too, but it would be good to let other folk know, so I feel you need to tell me (them) SOON. . . .

      MONEY. . . . . .HAH HA HAH Ahah ah ah ah ha hah ah ah ha hah ha ha hahah hahah ah ah aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

      AH DAMN I got carried away.

      Flaming Gloves I think that might be within the rules. . . .

      Delete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that from tomorrow I am launching Addman's Amazing World Of Sports, a Blog that is guaranteed to pull in audiences from far and wide. The main sports I will be covering are Cheese Rolling and Backgammon. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it Mr Addman I can see that it has great possibilities, plugging into the great untapped sporting blogger market. I will be watching and waiting with Baited Breath (I'm not sure what that is, do I need a mouthful of maggots or worms).

      Anyway the name Addman's Amazing World Of Sports runs off the tongue like a slippery frog. And I love a bit of cheese so I am excited in many ways. . . .

      Delete