Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Royal Baby, The Alien, The Red Kite and Wasps

The Red Kite with the funny call has been circling round the house today, I don’t think I have mentioned it before but it is often about and has a really loud call, and for reasons best known to itself had decided the best bit of sky was directly overhead today.

We also have a wasps nest in a hedge as I mentioned the other day when I accidently hedge trimmed the nest a bit much to the annoyance of the wasps. I did try and get rid of them with some foam stuff, but it has not worked so today, and as they often say on TV when they do something that is not a good idea  . . . .  I do not recommend you do this at home . . . . . I turned the hose pipe on the wasps nest to sort of move them on a bit as wasps are not fans of water or people who spray them with hose pipes. This was a controlled experiment because I did know what I was doing, which was confusing a whole load of wasps while everyone else remained indoors wearing bee keeping equipment and shaking their heads muttering IDIOT. Now just in case anyone is thinking poor old wasps I don’t mind them a bit further away from the house, but at present we have two wasps’ nests in the roof and the one in the hedge next to the back patio and that is a lot of wasps.



I also made the mistake of turning on the BBC news and as far as I can tell there is no news whatsoever except a small baby has left a hospital, surely that is not news, it is what babies do after a bit they go home to a huge palace and become king. However Mr Jones says that he was sketching the baby as it left and from his sketch he is convinced that it might be an alien who from the advantage point of being the king of the world will be able to summon his alien battle fleet and eat everyone. Sadly Mr Jones efforts to tell the royals of his thoughts have not gone down well, nor has his drawing which one BBC royal correspondent called an abomination, apparently it does not have webbed feet (the baby, the alien does).  Still as Mr Jones said they did have its feet well covered up when it left the hospital and one reason for this could be webbed feet….

He has a point we need to see its feet…………


.

.
.

8 comments:

  1. I was at the diner on Monday when I heard the news that some new baby was third in line to the throne, and I suddenly said in a slightly louder voice than normal, "I thought I was third in line to the throne!" - to which the owner replied, "No, Ern, you are not." So I must be fourth, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those people didn't realize they were wearing the wrong equipment. Since you had no plans for actuaLLy keeping the wasps, they should've been wearing wasp anti-keeping equipment, or WAKE. HopefuLLy no one was injured eXcept maybe waspseseses.

      Delete
    2. Oh my, I suddenly remembered that I need to send a "birthday ?!?!? hope you were happy" card to my friend in Delaware.

      Delete
    3. I think you will be higher up the list to be King than I am Mr ESB, I suspect even the waspseseses will be higher up the list than me although they tend to stick with Queens.

      I need to go and have a shower now as I have been grovelling in a large smelly hole removing a large root . . . PHEW

      Delete
  2. I thought the royal pregnancy had gone rather quickly. I wonder how the royal labor was. The royal baby must have grown royally fast in the royal womb due to it being a royal alien.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will take some explaining away those Royal webbed feet, the Royal pointy teeth and Royal scaly skin.....

      But thats enough about Prince Philip for now HAH HAHHAHHAH HAH HA HAHAH HAH AH HA HA HH AH AH HAHAH HA HAH hh hah aha hh hahah haha

      Delete
  3. Hey Rob,

    Was there a royal type birth? I bet all the people were cheering outside the hospital. And I bet those same people went back to where they lived, worrying about such 'trivial' things like food on the table and still having a roof over their heads.

    Yeah, I did read that some royal type chick gave birth to a "baby boy." So what! If she had given birth to a fully grown male adult, that would of got my attention.

    Cheerio and corn flakes,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These royal babies have food and rather large ornate roofs over their little heads, but their future is mapped out.

      He will never be allowed to run off with a electrician called Harry and live in a caravan in Cornwall wearing sequins and pink fluffy slippers, eating ice cream and frolicking in the sea with a tattooed lady and a snake.

      Delete