Tuesday 9 July 2013

Small Ships in Big Seas and Bigger Fish to Fry in the World of Cardboard Art

Guess what …….. Yes it is DAMN hot again, but I won’t go on about it, I am not like those other Brits; you will never hear me complaining about the weather . . . . . . . . (Much . . . . . . . OK a bit). As it happens I had bigger fish to fry so to speak which is an ideal saying as it happens because not only could I have fried a fish on the patio today, but I was left with two and a half hours maximum to come up with a brilliant idea for the over enthusiastic small children who I am sort of doing art with in the junior school at Monty. I think all the heat made me decide that what we needed was a sea theme so bigger fish to fry is a very suitable saying indeed I also love fried fish YUM. So I created (in a mad rush) the sea and a pirate boat so that the small enthusiastic children could decorate the sea with fish and sea monsters  . . . . . OK sea monsters, small children love a few sea monsters and as it happens so do I, although I must admit they are better when they are huge real sea monsters with loads of pointy teeth eating sun bathers on Brighton Beach.

I sort of nicked a bit of Moroccan blue paint to paint the sea so as long as I don’t write about that in my diary mum and dad will never know . . . . . . . . . AH DAMN. Still it did make the sea look WELL COOL although in passing I should say it was rather a hot day (VERY VERY HOOOOOOT). 







At the school the enthusiastic small children were rather frazzled by the heat so drawing sea monsters and fish was more than they were capable of doing so we tried musical chairs which worked for a short time but it was too hot to run about so was only a temporary solution in the end we were left with making fans, not the ones that run about screaming, but the ones you flap about in your own face to remain cool. I can make a good fan so it kept one or two of them quite for a while (a very short while), I then staggered home in the heat and will remain hidden until it cools down.  Mr F is going to visit us tomorrow and will stop for a few days so I may have to do rather short diary entries, it may be regarded as rather antisocial to hid on a PC when you have old friends stopping………

.

4 comments:

  1. It's quite cool here today, which is a relief! It was boiling yesterday. No doubt the heat will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still somewhat roasting over in the west Miss Laura . . . I heard rumour that it was going to be even hotter at the weekend . . . . . . . . . . . . . . AAAAAAAauuuuuuuuuuuGGGGHHHHHHH . . . NO

      Delete
  2. My most recent attempt at using cardboard involved it as a lining for a narrow passageway to protect my body and clothing from lumber snagging. Other reasons with physics (gravity) led to near disaster so that may have been a waste of money for a staple gun. It is now 12 hours later and I am insomniacal and freezing. I hope there is coffee soon. Yesterday was quite a day for praying mantis, I saw three of them. Two on grapevines, and one late last night on the front porch. One of the PM crawled on and off my hand back to the leaves several times and spent time staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having such an amazing beast as a Praying Mantis roaming about in the wild is awesome Mr ESB, I am rather jealous but I have a plan

      Delete