Thursday 20 June 2013

The Oxbow lake, the Cows and the Zombies.

It was raining first thing this morning but it did not last long, weather machines can sometimes actually work even if 99 percent of the time it is not entirely as expected. It was an interesting day and I have learnt several things, the first of which is that as a chap I can not multi-task as well as I would like, doing Geography while fitting tongue and groove cladding to the walls in what the headmaster calls his brilliantly cunning economy drive by combining practical subjects and academic subjects as well as meeting maintenance targets is harder than it at first may appear. You see the bonding material for the clapping is very sticky and gets everywhere including sealing my books closed for ever, but luckily we were doing the old faithful subject in Geography of Oxbow lakes…….. What is it with Geography and the Oxbow lake apparently they have been the topic of lessons from the days of Stone Age man and the very first schools ever set up in the open next to an Oxbow lakes.

I then discovered when I realized my tin of glue to bond the cladding to the wall had fallen over and leaked onto my craft knives needed to created cardboard things, that the glue dissolves the handles of the craft knives. Not a worry in itself but I have this glue all over my hands and it does not come off that easily, I really do not fancy waking up tomorrow morning to find I can not turn off the alarm clock because my hands have vanished in the night.



I have also discovered that cows and Zombies are in cahoots together and are I suspect even as I type battling their way through the Zombie defence system. The Zombies who are unable to cross the Zombie defence ditch have got the cows eating their way through the large hedge to the side of this defence ditch and we are starting to see the odd head peering through it with all the clinical indifference of a cow who is obviously working with the Zombies to ensure their efforts at world domination will succeed. I don’t know what the cows get out of it but I bet it involves grass, you know what cows are like, after all that saying . . . . ‘the grass is always greener on the other side’ started with cows and Zombies telling them stuff to lead them astray.


On top of all that the pigeons have also started hanging about at night in the trees and I cant help but think there is something going on; at least I can always cover the branches of the tree the pigeons are looking at us from in the glue for the cladding, that will soon stop their little game, maybe I can glue the cows to the ground too or maybe it will dissolve the cows and turn them into a Quatermass experiment. . . . . . WELL COOL . . . . . AH mum has said IDIOT, 


.

14 comments:

  1. I always thought cows were creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a couple who appear to be trouble makers in the field next to us this year. Last year the cows were quite a nice bunch, but they are different ones now and I am staying away from this lot.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Up until this lot turned up I have always liked cows. I think we may have the cow equivalent of the holiday maker from hell. I am hoping they will be moving to a new field sometime soon. They are turning out to be very Zombie like indeed, but I guess Zombie cows are as plausible as Zombie people.

      Delete
  3. Ooh pigeons. I don't trust those rats with wings. You mark my words Rob Z, they're up to something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind Pigeons but Pigeon Poo is something else. the glue I use for bonding stuff together has nothing on pigeon poo. And how do they manage to produce so much.

      Delete
  4. Mother nature is punishing you. Today it is cows and pigeons, tomorrow, it's all venomous lemurs and electric whales. What have you done to offend nature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because I sort of eat cows, pigeons, plants, seeds, and almost all of Mother Nature except sand and rocks. It seems like a rather small reason to get all upset. I have not eaten venomous lemurs and electric whales though . . . . .Well not yet, I wonder if Lemur Pie would be tasty.

      Delete
  5. Would it help if you painted the cows green to confuse the Zombies? They would blend then into the landscape. You may need a few extra tins of paint for the electric whales and lemurs if they find you. Rob, it's going to be a busy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think painting the cows green would confuse everyone as they would think they have arrived in Milton Keynes and the concrete cows have been attacked again.

      Delete
  6. Your drawing reminded me of some landscapes I used to do with gigantic people peeking around the objects. I think aLL of my people were bald. I don't know why.

    I have just recently STOPPED eating a candy caLLed Laffy Taffy. I had never had it before and The Wifey introduced me to it on our vacation. I found it to be too addictive. At least they have funny silly stupid jokes on the packages, including one of my all time favorites:

    What is the best time to go to the dentist?
    .....
    ....
    ...
    ..
    .
    Before tooth hurty

    hahhahahahahaahahahahahahhhahahahaaahahaha aaaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should invent a wither machine!!! You could advertise it as a diet replacement remedy.

      Delete
    2. Back here in the UK in Birmingham a wither machine and a weather machine are exactly the same thing due to local dialect.

      I have never heard of a Laffy Taffy before . . . . although Taffy is slang for Welsh

      Delete
  7. Sorry for the days delay in responding to comments but PHEW busy doing stuff.

    But I need to keep Blogging, GCHQ need stuff to monitor so I have made it back . . . . Hello Charles and Quinton, there is a lot of reading out there for you have to do chaps, so good luck.....

    ReplyDelete