Thursday 18 April 2013

Princess Peter and the Pie Piper of Pontefract


The Slightly eccentric A to Z blogging adventure of unknown and rather unpopular Modern fairy tales
2013

P Princess Peter and the Pie Piper of Pontefract


PRINCESS PETER was a peculiar person, and was often seen peeking at pelicans in the Planetarium pond and Pondering. It was all PART of her preparation for the prestigious Pontefract Pork pie competition. These are very personalized pork pies and have been known to contain all sorts of things as well as PORK, including Pink Psychedelic Pigeon, Possum, pomegranate, potatoes, Parrot and passion fruit but to name just a few.

You see Princess Peter was passionate about pies but every year the pie piper of Pontefract would always win the posh pewter plaque, because he had a secret ingredient that no one else knew about (Parsnip).

PRINCESS PETER thought it might POSSIBLY be pelicans or even Penguin, but of course it was not.


As the people prepared their pies an old pirate was seen parading about the towns parks approaching passers by. As it happens Princess Peter was a Part-time Policewoman and she politely asked the pirate what he was doing. And he said he had a secret ingredient for pork pies and was hoping to sell it to PEOPLE, so the PRINCESS and part-time policewoman purchased what was the last pterodactyl meat on Planet Pluto (sorry Earth).

     

So when the judges tasted all the personalized pork pies entered in the prestigious Pontefract Pork pie competition one pie tasted so unique that it propelled its maker to first PLACE. Yes it was PRINCESS PETER'S PORK PIE,  Princess Peter had finally won the Pontefract Pork pie competition, she was so proud that she gave everyone in the town a pie. But she ran out of pies which left two PEOPLE without one. Neither PRINCESS PETER or the PIE PIPER of PONTEFRACT got to eat one of the pork pies with added pterodactyl meat, luckily the Pie Piper of Pontefract had loads of pies so they ate his instead and everyone was happy.

The next morning the town was rather peaceful, so peaceful you could hear a pin drop. Then there was a knock at Princess Peter’s door and the pie piper said everyone in the town was dead from food poisoning. It was then that Princess Peter noticed the pterodactyl meat was one hundred and fifty millions years past its sell by date.  The Pie Piper of Pontefract said put the packet on the fire and no one will ever know, and then Princess Peter and the Pie Piper of Pontefract lived happily ever after, making pies but not using out of date pterodactyl meat, sold by pirates on the playing fields of Pontefract.

And the moral of the tale is never put pterodactyl in frozen Lasagne . . . . . . . .  


.

11 comments:

  1. I think it's remarkable how you manage to get so many P words in your blog. Most cleverly thought out and much hard work must go into each post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed a lot of work has gone into this years A to Z because of writing it, drawing the pictures and then choosing some music.

      But the plan was, or is, to produce the ultimate last word in quirky A to Z challenge fairy tales written by a grumpy eccentric artist

      Delete
  2. I liked this one Rob Zed, this is one of my favourites.

    The Lil Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Master Lil man pleased you like it my young up and coming Master of the Universe friend. Yes one thing I have learnt over the years is always be good friends with those intend on world domination, unless their plan is going wrong then I hide until it is safe to come out.

      Your own A to Z is going well ( The Incoherent Ramblings Of A Moose . . . .link below, if you have not yet visited it) I am intrigued as to how you plan to deal with X Y Z. I have taken the easy route on X and Z this year, it was hard work last year so I thought Mmmmmmmmmmm Na Na Na Na Na Na this year.

      Delete
  3. If only this would have been published on Pi day. That would have been primo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Mr Flip I need to introduce you to a very clever man in the comment below Mr ESB he ate pie on pi day and knows much about such things his blog is one of the links down below all the posts

      "My Worlds My Words My Worries"

      It is an excellent blog and to date he is the only American member of RATs which says a great deal.

      Delete
  4. Now I am curious, I wonder if a tear in a duck's tail is anything like a pterodactyl? Maybe it would if I speLLed tear as ptear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are spelling tear as ptear but then strained the ptear though a fine filter to remove the tea it would leave a pear.

      And with a pear of pterodactyl's we could reintroduce them to the world.

      I do wonder if anyone understands some of our little exchanges Mr ESB, but it is why you are the official RATs science spokesman.

      Delete
    2. (Multiple giggles) hahaha "science spokeman" - you got that right, if you need spokes for your bicycle wheel, I'm your man. If I don't have the right size in inventory, I'll use science to make some.

      Delete
  5. Rob, I am sorry I have not been able to comment on your blog of late, but my connection has been PECULIAR to say the least. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr H I am a humble chap and know you are a busier man than I. So I certainly do not expect my small group of favourite bloggers to comment on everything I write.

      In fact I am looking forward to the return of normality beyond the letter Z.

      I am still enjoying your own progress through the alphabet keep up the good work.

      Delete