Friday 18 January 2013

The lost camera and the wrong snow


Today turned into a sort of good news bad news day some days are like that. We woke up this morning to several inches of snow and I thought Well Cool I can make a snow Zombie take photos and do a really interesting diary entry. But things never quite turn out as planned. I did go out and take some photos of the snow first thing, then we thought with it still snowing so heavily we better drive into the great castle of the bishop to get one or two provisions which we were a bit low on such as milk, bread, and snow zombie carving implements, although it turned out snow zombie carving implements were not on mums list (NOT FAIR). So we battled the elements got the required bits and made it back home, it was a tricky drive as the roads had not been gritted and we a bit dodgy to say the least. So on my return home I thought I would take a picture of the road but the bad news was I had lost my camera in the castle of the bishop, however the good news was Mr Harry Tuffin found it and has it safe but the bad news is I cant get it until the road is clear and so don’t have any snow pictures.  Further bad news is that the snow is like powder and it is impossible to make a Snow Zombie anyway so I will wait until the snow is a bit wetter, the good news is that by then I might have my camera back to take a picture of it.




I did stagger about in the snow for a bit and told the dog I am going for a little walk and may be some time to which he said close the door its cold, and the cats hid under the sofa.

It was very annoying not having a camera and not being able to make snow zombies but I think the opportunity will hopefully arise in the next couple of days to do both and further good news is that I was unable to go down the wet muddy hole to dig as it is full of snow. Britain is a strange country because we love weather and it snows from time to time in the winter but as a country things sort of fall apart when it snows and everything has a habit of stopping.

Anyway that is about it for the days diary the bad news is that not much happened but the good news is just think how long it would have been if I did do things


.

6 comments:

  1. Good news: We had proper snow today. (though it looks as though the Great Grit Famine of 20010 may be repeated)
    Bad news: The school closed early and so I had to put up with Spawn for a few extra hours.

    I'm going to pray for more snow, as well as the return of you camera. I am so eager to see the materialization of the snow zombie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is a good chance you will get snow today or tomorrow as it is moving across to the East now. I will be attempting to make something today but again it is rather dependent on the type of snow. And the fact I am rubbish at making things once I plan out an idea, things usually just sort of happen.

      Delete
  2. When I had dry snow and wanted to make snow men, snow baLLs, snow forts, and snow pasta I found the solution with a spray bottle of water. Spray a mist of water on the snow and it wiLL be like snow glue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a brilliant tip Mr ESB if the snow is the same today I will give that a go.

      The birds are not happy it is tough being a bird when snow is on the ground but we are feeding them so hopefully they will be OK.

      Delete
    2. I guess the opposite tech-nique would be paper towels and wet snow. I have not tried that.

      Delete