Saturday 24 November 2012

Craft Fairs and Napoleon Beelzebub’s Very Strange Victorian Curiosity Shop


When Napoleon Beelzebub closed Napoleon Beelzebub’s Very Strange Victorian Curiosity Shop he left us a selection of stock, a fair bit of which was aimed at the Christmas market. He told us that down in the eternal depths of Dante’s Inferno which he prides himself on keeping snug and warm for his guests, he says that he has never had a complaint that anyone is feeling cold. OK he did just the once when one of the guests made the mistake of being sarcastic so he moved then to a warmer room until they agreed that humour was not conducive with damnation.  Sorry distracted again; He says that Christmas much like sarcasm and humour is not good for the general ambience of Hell and it would only lead to trouble if the punters started to like it. I think that is something we can all agree about, hell nice that is totally wrong. OK what was I saying; yes we have all this stuff so today we were at a craft fair in Marton along with our good friend Miss Sally of The Sun (not the big glowing one in the sky that someone has nicked).

Tonight picture was drawn on a carrier bag which explains why it looks a bit odd. . . .Sorry 


The weather was to say the least rather rotten but despite this several of the old customers of  Napoleon Beelzebub’s Very Strange Victorian Curiosity Shop turned up to see us and say hello, including Mrs Baker the headmaster (not my headmaster as he is mad, Mrs Baker is not mad, she is well cool for a headmaster). Anyway it was lovely to see some of the old regulars and it turned into a very successful event for us.  It was rather wet heading home and we appear to all be vanishing under water in the UK at present, still the long range forecast this morning was predicting minus fifteen and loads of snow. I am not sure just how long term that forecast is as it sounds like the next ice age to me . . . . . . . . . . .WELL COOL.


.
.

3 comments:

  1. I ventured out to shrewsbury today to pick up my comics and paraphinalia for the week and saw a small child literally BOUNCE of the pavement and land face first in a puddle. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a good long while. The child was mainly unharmed and didn't cry like the tend to do, although i did step in a big puddle myself and got a wet sock. which is justice for me laughing i suppose (it was worth it!!)

    I am loving you pictures of late as well. Even if it is on a carrier bag (not a bag for life i'm guessing) it adds a certain texture and character.
    I wonder what else you draw on.....hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Shrewsbury myself last week, I am not sure how the flood defence system is working out at present but I have not heard that it has failed yet. They can always plug any holes with small children.

      We are still trying to work out the best place to get a coffee since our favourite stopping place moved out of the centre of town. M and S is rubbish these days and you queue for an hour to get the rubbish. I kind of like the restaurant at the top of Rackhams but I am the only one, (it reminds me of a classic 1950's sort of place), so the compromise at present is the Italian Coffee shop.

      The bags for life thing is a right old farce in Wales and I once phoned and complained when we lived on the Welsh side of the border. It appears that in Wales a bag for life can only be made of plastic, maybe its me but I thought the point was to use less of the stuff. . ..

      Delete
    2. Oooo yes thanks for the compliment on the pics. While I have the time I will keep doing one each day. I am a fool to keep creating work for myself when I dont need to, but that is human creatifity for you, I think?

      Delete