Monday 30 July 2012

Fire, Fever, Futility, Frailty and Olympics




I am back, a little frail but back. Not sure what happened yesterday, there I was ticking along moving a huge pile of rock then burning a lot of stuff cleared from the garden minding my own business when ZAP-POW I ran out of steam big time. So I had a sit down and the next thing I know, I have a raging headache and was shivering.

The dog for a long time has been convinced I am an android and said my batteries had finally packed in. His attempt at plugging me into the mains was not a success, nor was stabbing me with a sharp stick to prove I was an android. I think the blood might have finally proved I am not an Android, well I hope it has, that is the second time he has done that although he is muttering something about third time lucky.

I staggered off to bed to recover and because I was so cold I stuck on several jumpers, but when I woke up a couple of hours later I was roasting and was used as a barbeque to cook everyone’s evening meat. Well everyone except me; I was not at my best

Anyway I am now back and although a bit frail I am at least fit enough to think about writing my diary. It appears to have been a really lovely day today although I did miss a chunk of it sleeping. The dog has told the neighbours that I am a young alcoholic and have been on the booze again and am best avoided….. . . . . .NOT FAIR. So when I went out and said hello they screamed and ran off locking themselves in their house and were peering at me through the letter box.

So all in all I have done nothing since moving rocks and burning garden rubbish…

Olympics Day three :- Yesterday we were told that Britain winning a silver and a bronze was the start of a huge change of fortune and now the plucky brits have got over the mental scares of that cyclist letting us all down in the road race. Fancy not winning that is terrible, we were all told he was going to win…

I have not had a chance to do a proper check yet to see it we are now heading the medal table but surely we must be…. .. . . . . . . . . . .AH...

8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are on the mend. Its a dangerous occupation this burning stuff. My bellybutton is now on mend although I was feeling cooler than a rapping penguin last night (rapping is cool isn't it?)
    The only 'lympics i've seen so far is the kickingball games and Engla... i mean team GB seem to be doing okay.
    Its a good job burning stuff isn't an official event and they haven't called us two up. there'd be no chance of medals (unless they wanted melted ones.) ahahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear you are okay and recovering-recovered. I was concerned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! Also glad you were feeling well enough to write a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mystery illness eh? Well I'm glad you're over whatever strain of Ebola you'd contracted, and can now continue your wonderful diary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like the Olympics much better if it snowed. As it is, I don't get hyped up like I do when I watch the Winter Olmypics.

    That dog of yours sounds like a snitch! lol

    And, lastly, that's a bonfire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're doing better! Hope you get back to 100% soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only you could turn a fever into something this funny. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete