Sunday 27 May 2012

Engelbert Humperdinck and a heat haze of nothing.


Normally at this point in the day having not given it a single thought I can sit down and ad-lib an exciting and interesting story (OK maybe not) out of thin air, not that I am aware that the air is thin here, just normal regular air like the rest of the UK. But tonight I have sat down and well nothing, not a thought just a heat haze of nothing, the result of several days of having my brain fried by the sun. Yes it might be true that the solar panels on the roof have produced enough energy to heat the house for two years in the last couple of days, but that is not exactly what we wish to do right now. So here I am frazzled with a hot brain and unable to function normally.

Taken about fifteen minutes ago at the back of the house
YES it has finally gone PHEW


Taken at the front of the house this morning still pretending we are in the tropics


The only heartening thing was some cloud drifting over the sun about an hour ago so maybe it’s a sign, I am due to drum with my colleague tomorrow night all being well and top of the list is the rain rhythm. What is more worrying is the Cultural Olympian has also hit a mental block, well not at a personal level, I think he prefers hot to rain, he has not got fond memories of rain, or anything else as it happens but deep within the DNA of cardboard is a built in desire to avoid rain.

I did built a small obelisk for sweet peas to grow up, out of hazel pruned freshly out of the hedge, otherwise I spent most of the day complaining it was hot (just for a change). Several hot days, then Eurovision and then more heat is more than a normal mind can cope with.  And if I see Engelbert Humperdinck standing on Buckingham palace playing air guitar next weekend then I am sorry but I will have to set the dog on him……… ……… AH the dog likes Engelbert Humperdinck, although mum has added IDIOT, she is referring to the dog not Engelbert Humperdinck.

OK I must try and do something constructive even if its only complain about the weather……. Have I told you all how hot it is…PHEW it is HOT.



.

8 comments:

  1. It is possible to build air conditioners that run on intense heat, so if you could focus some of your solar it could provide cooling. You can read about it at an article about Lithium Bromide Chillers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As British don't understand air conditioners they are strange things and we prefer stray hats and grumbling. We are very good at grumbling.......

      My pineapple by the way, was not fresh enough and started to rot down where new growth should have started. Sadly pineapples in the UK might have been around for sometime. I will keep an eye out for a better one on my travels.

      Delete
    2. 'Us' not 'As' its that silly qwerty keyboard and the heat....

      Delete
    3. Stray hats??? sorry Straw hats....................

      Delete
  2. Keep up on the Cultural Olympian...he will not notice the heat and your welcome to grumble of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working away as best I can at it but this the most complex cardboard sculpture to date and my slightly unstructured design as I go process has caused a few problems along the way. which has involved ripping arms and legs off.

      I suspect I maybe the only person in Britain ripping the arms and legs off Olympic torch bearers at the present time. So that slight element of uniqueness is good if frustrating and making the timetable a bit scary now for completion.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rob its me Bumf... Im back and mobile and bookmarking your work on a thing. if by some miracle this message appears on your blog I will consider myself a happy man indeed.

    Glad to hear the solar panels are going well. Ours are melting in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Mr H I am keeping an eye on your blog. Hope to see you back in full operation soon, I will let the world know of your leap to media (TV) star, that always helps pull in a few punters.

      Maybe I should tell them of my classic album but then maybe not.....

      Delete